This one is a bit spicy. The wings are baked, and not fried and then tossed in sauce, making them a bit lighter than some wings. I love this while watching a good ball game. Serving size is for 8 appetizer sized servings....if using for a main dish, use your judgement!
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle chili sauce (I like sriricha, but it is very hot!)
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 medium onion, sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 5 jalapeno peppers, seeded
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 32 chicken wings (about 5 1/2 lbs)
- Combine the first 9 ingredients in the container of an electric blender and process for 30 seconds or until the mixture is well blended. Set the sauce mixture aside.
- Remove and discard the chicken wing tips. (You can use them for stock if you want to). Cut the wings in half at the joint; place in a greased roasting pan.
- Pour half the sauce over the wings. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Turn the wings, and top with the remaining half of the sauce. Bake an additional 30 minutes or until done. Serve warm.