Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A must try recipe. Saved from the weber.com site for safe keeping.
Make and share this Chicken Wings With Bourbon-Molasses Glaze recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon
- 1 tablespoon unsulphured molasses (light)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- hickory chips, 2 handfuls, soaked in water for at least 30 minutes
- In a large bowl mix the rub ingredients. Add the chicken wings and toss to coat them evenly.
- Heat grill for indirect cooking over medium heat (350° to 450°F).
- In a small, heavy-bottomed saucepan over high heat, bring the glaze ingredients to a boil and cook just until the butter melts. Transfer to a small bowl and let cool.
- Drain and scatter the wood chips over lit charcoal. Grill the wings over indirect heat, with the lid closed, 20 to 30 minutes, turning and basting with the glaze once or twice during the last 20 minutes of cooking.
OMG!!! This are awesome!!! Great change from the normal buffalo wings. I made a little less then a pound of drummettes/wings and made 1/3 of the rub and 1/2 of the sauce. I made these for lunch along with some fried rice, so good!!! I really wished I had added a couple more wings to the mix, as they were so good!! Thanks for sharing the recipe that I will definitely make again. Made for Fall PAC 2012.