Recipe by Shannon 24
Who doesn't love chicken wings? Cooked in the crock pot - super easy!
Top Review by kerrybee73
This is a great recipe that makes the cook look like a pro !. I followed this exactly as given, but I used fresh chicken wings, and didn't clip any tips off. Nor did I separate wing sections. This is the second time I've used this recipe, and you can vary it by using different barbecue sauce types. I used a smokey one this time.
It's so good, I think it could adapt to drumsticks. Or cut-up fryers.
The secret is the broiler time. That browning makes all the difference.
- 3 lbs chicken wings (about 14-16)
- 1 1⁄2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut off and discard wing tips. Cut each wing at joint to make two sections.
- Place chicken on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4-5 inches from heat for 15-20 minutes, turning once. Transfer chicken to slow cooker.
- For sauce, combine bbq sauce, honey, mustard and worcestershire sauce, pour over chicken wings. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or on high for 1 1/2- 2 hours.