Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Who doesn't love chicken wings? Cooked in the crock pot - super easy!
Make and share this Chicken Wings With BBQ Sauce for the Crock Pot! recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs chicken wings (about 14-16)
- 1 1⁄2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Cut off and discard wing tips. Cut each wing at joint to make two sections.
- Place chicken on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4-5 inches from heat for 15-20 minutes, turning once. Transfer chicken to slow cooker.
- For sauce, combine bbq sauce, honey, mustard and worcestershire sauce, pour over chicken wings. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or on high for 1 1/2- 2 hours.
This is a great recipe that makes the cook look like a pro !. I followed this exactly as given, but I used fresh chicken wings, and didn't clip any tips off. Nor did I separate wing sections. This is the second time I've used this recipe, and you can vary it by using different barbecue sauce types. I used a smokey one this time.
It's so good, I think it could adapt to drumsticks. Or cut-up fryers.
The secret is the broiler time. That browning makes all the difference.
They are wonderful and easy! Thanks for the great recipe!
These were easy and good. I'll be making these for the grandkids who don't like the spicy wings. Thanks Shannon. Made for Photo Tag.