Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 45 mins
- 20 chicken wings, cut apart at joints and tips discarded
- 1⁄3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 2 cups maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In large bowl mix teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, minced garlic, sesame seeds, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, and maple syrup.
- Place chicken in sauce and toss to coat. Pour chicken and sauce into a large disposable baking pan. (disposable for easy clean up, or use foil).
- Bake for 1 hour, tossing every 20 minutes; the liquid will gradually evaporate the longer you cook it.
- After 1 hour, increase the oven temperature to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Turn wings to coat evenly and cook for an additional 45 minutes.
These were excellent, even using fat free myple syrup ( won't do that again) All of the flavors went so well together and I would not change a thing about it. I believe because I used fat free myple syrup, mine did not carmalize like that in the photo and I had a lot of liquid that didn't evaporate. Saying that, the flavors were point on. Thanks for sharing. Made for PRMR :)
This is a 10 star recipe!!! Wow is this good! Finger licking good! I cut the recipe down to 2 servings. Worked great. Just make sure and follow the directions. You HAVE to use a disposable baking dish. This stuff is so sticky that it's fun. Made it for one of our snack nights. Thanks for posting.
Made with all the ingredients posted, except for the chicken wings, as I replaced them with 12 drumsticks, and barbecued them due to the excessive heat. Brushed on the drumsticks, every minute turning them. Thank goodness, I laid out foil on the grill. Anyway, the sauce is awesome, one of the best I have tasted. It didn't leave a mess on the grill either, as this was a nice, flavorful sauce/marinade to add to my chicken ideas. Made for PRMR tag.