Recipe by Dessertyummy
Recipe from "the travelin' gourmet" (I was unsure about the total cooking time or prep time because I have never made this before, so I approximated.)
Top Review by MTpockets
Well, since I begged for this recipe to be posted I figured I'd better get around to reviewing it! I made these last night but I didn't have the sherry so I had to omit it and I didn't add water because I baked them rather than making them on the stovetop. I also added 1/4 tsp garlic powder and 1/4 tsp ground ginger since I had no fresh gingerroot. I baked them at 350' for 1 hour. They were so simple and really delicious! But I made a mistake and put all the sauce on them before baking them. I should have reserved some to put on them the last 15-20 minutes they were in the oven. Next time I'll know better. ;) Thank's so much for posting! It's one I will definately make again!
- 1 dozen chicken wings
- 3 slices fresh gingerroot
- vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each wing into two pieces by separating at the joint; discard the tips.
- Heat the ginger slices in the oil in a wok; add a third of the wings at a time and brown.
- When the wings are browned, drain the oil and remove the ginger slices from the wok.
- Add the oyster sauce, sherry, sugar soy sauce, and water.
- Place the browned wings in the wok and simmer, covered, for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cook another 12 to 15 minutes with the lid off, basting frequently with the sauce.
- When the wings are tender and nicely glazed, they are ready to be eaten.