Prep 25 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Sounds good to me!
- 3 lbs chicken wings (16 wings)
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups honey
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- sesame seeds (optional)
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Cut off and discard wing tips.
- Cut each wing at joint to make two sections.
- Sprinkle wing parts with salt and pepper.
- Place wing parts on broiler pan.
- Broil 5-4 inches from heat 20 minutes, 10 minutes a side or until chicken is brown. Transfer chicken to crock pot.
- For sauce, combine honey, soy sauce, ketchup, oil and garlic in bowl.
- Pour over chicken wings.
- Cover and cook on low 4-5 hours or on high 2-2 /2 hours.
- Garnish with sesame seeds, if desired.
I made this last weekend and am making it tonight. It is out of this world. Honestly, I gave out the recipe a few times. I got it elsewhere and noticed it was here and just had to review. Just delicious. I use the drummette part of wings, use nice big wing. I cut recipe in half and used 2 pounds of wings.
I made this a few weeks ago for guests. It was very very good. However, there is way too much sauce. I was able to make 60 wings with what I had. Also, the sauce was a little to thin...so I added a bit of hot water with cornstarch to thicken it up. The meat was falling off the bones. I made this with a garden salad and a BBQ chicken pizza (recipe #62775). Tasty yet simple dinner! Thank you for sharing.
I didn't brown the wings first as Jeffsmom suggested. They turned out really dark without the browning. I expected the sauce to be thicker and sweeter, so they didn't turn out the way I had pictured but they were good enough and overall, they were easy!