Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
These sticky-sweet wings are on the menu for my son's birthday party this weekend. The recipe comes from a crockpot cookbook.
- 3 lbs chicken wings, about 16 wings (tips cut off & parts separated)
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups honey
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- sesame seeds (optional)
- Sprinkle wing parts with salt and pepper.
- Place wings on broiler pan; broil 4 to 5 inches from heat 10 minutes on each side or until chicken is brown.
- Transfer chicken to crockpot.
- For sauce, combine honey, soy sauce, ketchup, oil, and garlic in small bowl.
- Pour over chicken wings.
- Cover and cook on low 4 to 5 hours or on high 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Garnish with sesame seeds, if desired.