Recipe by Susie in Texas
One of my favorite Slow Cooker recipes and can easily be an appetizer or a main dish recipe. My Slow Cooker has a removable Corning-Ware crock which can be used on the stove-top, so I spray it with Pam and brown the wings in it which makes this recipe even easier.
- 3 lbs chicken wings (approx. 16-18 wings)
- salt and black pepper
- 2 cups honey
- 1 cup soy sauce (I use reduced sodium)
- 1⁄2 cup your favorite bottled barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut off and discard wing tips.
- Cut each wing at joint to make two sections.
- Rinse wings, drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Season wings with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place wings on broiler pan and broil about 6 inches from heat for 10 minutes on each side OR until brown.
- Transfer wings to Slow Cooker.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl; pour over chicken wings.
- Cover and place Slow Cooker on High for 2 hour or Low for 4 hours.