Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
One of my favorite Slow Cooker recipes and can easily be an appetizer or a main dish recipe. My Slow Cooker has a removable Corning-Ware crock which can be used on the stove-top, so I spray it with Pam and brown the wings in it which makes this recipe even easier.
- 3 lbs chicken wings (approx. 16-18 wings)
- salt and black pepper
- 2 cups honey
- 1 cup soy sauce (I use reduced sodium)
- 1⁄2 cup your favorite bottled barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Cut off and discard wing tips.
- Cut each wing at joint to make two sections.
- Rinse wings, drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Season wings with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place wings on broiler pan and broil about 6 inches from heat for 10 minutes on each side OR until brown.
- Transfer wings to Slow Cooker.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl; pour over chicken wings.
- Cover and place Slow Cooker on High for 2 hour or Low for 4 hours.
My friend took these to a party and came home with the sauce...
Gotta say, This recipe was great. But what mostly got me was the sauce. I changed it a little though. We didn't have any Soy Sauce, so instead, we used Hot Sauce to spice it up, along with some red pepper and black pepper. See, now down south, we deep fry A LOT of things, so instead of baking the chicken, drop it in a deep fryer, and make sure the sauce stays on a low heat. As soon as you fish the wings outta the fryer, drop em in the sauce and roll them around a bit and then put them on a plate and cover em with aluminum foil and let them set for a few minutes. keepin them covered will allow the heat to cook them inside just a little more and allow the sauce to thicken a little. This sauce.... I saved it and I put it on everything meant. Hamburgers, hot dogs, cooked spam. it makes everything amazing. thanks for the recipie.
My entire family loved these!! I made exactly as the recipe stated the first time...excellent!! And when we had friends over I added a few drops of tabasco to the rest of the mixture and they were very good as well. Thanks You for the great new recipe!!