Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Winter day casserole- keeps you warm As for the chicken, using rotisserie chicken is also an easier way to cut prep time in half!
- 1 (6 ounce) packageuncle ben's long grain and wild rice blend
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup parsley
- Prepare contents of rice & seasoning packet according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in large saucepan.
- Add chopped onion & cook over low heat until tender.
- Slowly stir in flour, salt & pepper.
- Gradually stir in half& half and chicken broth.
- Cook, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Stir in chicken, parsley & cooked rice.
- Pour in 2-quart casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered at 425 degrees for 30 minutes.