Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This was a most delicious soup brought to us by a friend upon the birth of our daughter. Absolutely scrumptious! Enjoy!
- 1 cup cream of chicken soup, diluted as stated on can
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 package uncle ben chicken and wild rice mix
- 1 medium carrot, chopped or shredded
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- slivered almonds (optional)
- Bring rice to boil, then reduce heat& simmer 10 minutes.
- Add broccoli& carrots.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Add soup& cream cheese.
- Stir until melted.
- Just before serving, top each serving with slivered almonds, if desired.
Quick to make! Delicious on a chilly night. I did substitute Fat Free Cream Cheese and the Healthy Choice Cream of Chicken soup with low sodium and lower fat. It was still yummy!
Loved it! Used fresh broccoli, low fat Cream of Chix soup, cooked wild/brown rice and 2 chix boullion cubes. Fabulous flavor!