Recipe by DeniseBC
I got this from a Quick Cooking magazine and it has become a favorite. If you have leftovers, you may need to add additional water when reheating because it gets pretty thick after it is refrigerated. 3/5/10--I went back and looked at my original recipe. I tweaked this by upping the veggies, and I probably use more chicken as Hokies suggested. I usually am pretty sloppy with my measurements on this one, so feel free to add more than the one cup!
Top Review by HokiesMom
Denise - this is an excellent soup recipe!! I doubled this and it was perfect! The only thing I think needs increased is the chicken - maybe you meant one pound? It is one of those things you don't really need to measure for a great soup though. The whole family gobbled this down and everyone gave it 5 stars!! Tagged you in Potluck Tag game and boy I'm glad I did!! A definite keeper of a recipe!
- 5 2⁄3 cups water
- 1 (4 1/3 ounce) package long grain and wild rice blend
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) envelope Lipton soup secrets noodle soup mix
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup (I use low fat)
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large sacuepan, combine water, entire contents of long grain and wild rice mix and dry soup. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in celery, carrots and onion. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in chicken soup and chicken. Cook 10 minutes longer or until the rice and vegetables are tender.