1/1 Photo of Chicken Wild Rice Soup
This is a wonderful soup. Pair it with some good bread for a delicious, quick meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or 1/2 cup additional chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked wild rice
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients.
- 2Bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 4In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, melt butter.
- 5Stir in flour until smooth.
- 6Gradually whisk in broth mixture.
- 7Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 8Whisk in soup and wine or broth.
- 9Add rice and chicken; heat through.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Wild Rice Soup
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.7
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 27.6 mg
- Sodium 764.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 12.2 g