Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a wonderful soup. Pair it with some good bread for a delicious, quick meal.
Make and share this Chicken Wild Rice Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine or 1⁄2 cup additional chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked wild rice
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, melt butter.
- Stir in flour until smooth.
- Gradually whisk in broth mixture.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Whisk in soup and wine or broth.
- Add rice and chicken; heat through.
Wonderful flavor. I made it in my pressure cooker and used water instead of the broth, added the chicken, onion and carrots and some celery. After cooking, I strained out the goodies, cooled to pick out the bones and added everything to the broth. Some salt and pepper made it perfect. I will make this again and again. Thanks for a great soup recipe!
This is very good. It makes a lot of soup, I should have made half. It does take some time but if you would do the wild rice and chicken ahead of time, it would be easy.
OMG - this was good! Very tasty, the only thing I found was it was extremely salty but this could have been because I used a wild rice mix that had seasoning in it? Next time I'll try it with just wild rice. One of the best soups I've ever made :) Definitely a keeper!