Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Serve this with crusty bread and a salad for a light meal.
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups cooked wild rice
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- In a large pot combine first 9 ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- In a large soup pot add butter and melt.
- Stir in flour and whisk until smooth.
- Gradually whisk in broth until smooth.
- Bring to a boil and cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Whisk in condensed soup and wine.
- Add rice and chicken.
- Heat through.
Tasty soup that is easy to make out of ingredients on hand! I omitted mushrooms, still ended up with a flavorful and hearty soup.