Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great for a brunch or just a lite dinner.
- 1 (6 ounce) package long grain and wild rice blend
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 12 ounces cooked chicken, drained and flaked
- 1⁄2 cup salted cashews, coarsely chopped
- lettuce leaf
- alfalfa sprout
- Prepare rice according to package directions, chill.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, and chicken.
- Stir in cooked rice.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Stir in cashews and serve on lettuce leaf.
- Garnish with alfalfa sprouts.
- You may use low-fat mayonnaise and sour cream.
I had one similar at Sweet Tomatoes and loved it. I made the recipe without the nuts and added
some thawed frozen peas and some finely chopped red onion. It was wonderful. My husband loved it. It is great with leftover chicken. Thanks, Carole in Orlando
This was a nice way to use grilled chicken breasts I had left over. I used less mayonnaise and sour cream (personal preference) and added more cashews. It was fine as it was, but I added sliced green onions the next day to what was left and liked it even more. Thanks for posting!
This salad is so rich and creamy! The only thing I added was some minced red pepper for color, and instead of mixing in the cashews I sprinkled them on top for crunch power.. I served it on a red cabbage leaf garnished the top with a sprinkling of alfalfa spouts, and a piece of marinated artichoke. Green and black olives around the side and our lunch was complete. I cannot wait for extra Thanksgiving turkey to make this again! Thanks Nancy for this recipe...it's a keeper!