1/4 Photos of Chicken Wild Rice Salad
This is so good and very pretty. I made a huge batch for a potluck and someone else did too--mine was gone theirs was barely touched. Wild rice is popular in MN.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup wild rice, uncooked
- 5 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into bite size pieces
- 3 green onions, sliced the whole thing
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 2 ounces sugar snap peas or 2 ounces snap peas, cut in 1 in pieces
- 2 avocados, cut into chunks
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1Rinse rice and cook in the chicken broth 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- 2Drain and toss with the lemon juice; cool.
- 3Add to rice the chicken, green onions, red pepper, and peas.
- 4Toast the pecans on a baking sheet in oven at 350° for about 5 minutes, checking often.
- 5Mix all the dressing ingredients together and pour over the rice salad.
- 6Just before serving add the avocados and pecans.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Wild Rice Salad
Serving Size: 1 (470 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 905.0
- Calories from Fat 511
- Total Fat 56.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 78.3 mg
- Sodium 893.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.8 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 46.6 g