Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Taste of Home Simple and Delicious Feb 2008. This is really easy and really delicious!!
- 473.18 ml sliced fresh carrots
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 118.29 ml chopped celery
- 29.58 ml butter
- 44.37 ml all-purpose flour
- 2 (822.13 g) can chicken broth
- 631.69 ml cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 249.47 g packageready to serve long grain and wild rice blend
- 59.14 ml half-and-half cream
- 0.59 ml pepper
- In a large saucepan, saute the carrots, onion and celery in butter til tender.
- Stir in flour til blended; gradually add broth.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or til thickened.
- Stir in chicken, rice, cream and pepper; heat through.
I actually made this recipe from the Taste of home mag too since i saw it on here figured i would rate it anyway! its a VERY easy and comforting soup to make and a favorite in our house! love it! the only changes i do is I add extra spice to it like some sage and cilantro flakes, also I have to triple this recipe as the original is sooo not enough for us!!!
I made this soup as written except I didn't have any carrots so left them out. The soup was just a little bland for us. Needed something. I used Uncle Ben's Long Grain and Wild Rice so added the seasoning package to the chowder and it just really kicked it up a notch. This was really nice and so easy to make. Thanks. Made for PAC Fall '08