1 hr 5 mins
While this may appear to be just another carbon copy wild rice recipe, there is one key difference...you don't have to cook your chicken ahead of time! Good enough for company or a potluck, but really very simple and total comfort food. It was a big hit in our family and will be a keeper for sure! The base recipe was a Silver award winner from Yankee Magazine recipe contest submitted by Glenna Anderson Muse, with a lot of changes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (243.80 g) box wild rice mix
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bitesized pieces
- 2 (850.48 g) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 297.66 g can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 small red onion, diced (I omitted and used 1 teaspoon onion powder instead)
- 226.79 g can water chestnuts, coarsely diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 78.07 ml pecans, chopped
- 236.59 ml light mayonnaise
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1.23 ml ground nutmeg
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 226.79 g monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Prepare the rice according to the package directions.
- 3Place the cut up chicken breasts in the bottom of a greased 13x9-inch casserole dish.
- 4Combine the rice with all of the remaining ingredients (except the cheese).
- 5Spoon the rice mixture around the chicken breasts.
- 6Sprinkle the cheese on the chicken and rice.
- 7Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- 8Remove the cover and cook 15 minutes more, or until the cheese is brown and bubbly and the chicken is cooked through.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Wild Rice Casserole Supreme
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 643.4
- Calories from Fat 308
- Total Fat 34.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 85.4 mg
- Sodium 965.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 31.5 g