Recipe by Nikki_Welty
This is a Great Casserole dish. Quick & Easy. This is one of my favorite comfort food dishes. I found the recipe in a magazine about a year ago, and modified it some. There are never any left overs, except for the little bit that I stash in the fridge for the next day.
- 1 (6 ounce) package long grain and wild rice blend
- 1 medium onion, chopped (I add a little more)
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 10 1⁄2 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup white wine (I use the wine) or 1⁄3 cup chicken broth (I use the wine)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, Snipped (Use fresh, it tastes better)
- 2 cups cooked chicken, Chopped
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, Shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice as directed on package.
- Pre heat oven to 350. In a large skillet, cook onion & celery salt in hot butter over medium heat until tender.Stir in soup, sour cream, wine & Basil. Stir in cooked rice & chicken.
- Transfer all to an ungreased 2 qt casserole dish. Sprinkle with Cheese. Bake uncovered for about 35 minutes, I cook mine a little long until the cheese is lightly browned.