Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This was a Schwan's recipe that I tinkered with so I wouldn't have to buy Schwan's to make it.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups wild rice, cooked
- 2 cups chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook wild rice in the chicken broth until liquid is absorbed. While rice is cooking, melt the butter in a pan and saute the onion, garlic, and celery until tender.
- Mix rice with sour cream, celery, onion, garlic, and chicken.
- Pour chicken mixture into a 9x13" baking dish and heat for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with the cheese. Return to oven, if desired, for 5-10 minutes to melt the cheese.
My family and I loved this recipe. Pretty easy to make. Used 2 pans + baking dish. Step two in the recipe called for soup. Not sure where that came from but i made it without and turned out great.