1/1 Photo of Chicken & Wild Mushroom Ravioli With Cherry Sage Sauce
1 hr 10 mins
All I can say is YUMMO! This recipe is from a cooking class taught by Chef Antoine Moussali from Andria's Countryside Restaurant in Edwardsville, Illinois. It's a little time-consuming, but worth it. I had plenty of ravioli to freeze for another meal which is nice!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the raviolis
- 48 wonton wrappers (1 package)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, roughly chopped
- 1 small sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups chopped shiitake mushrooms (can substitute portabella, oyster, or your other favorite mushrooms)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces chopped pancetta
For the Cherry Sage Sauce
- 1Microwave sweet potato for 4 minutes or until tender. Set aside to cool.
- 2While potato is cooking, saute pancetta until cooked crisp; drain off fat.
- 3Saute mushrooms in butter until soft and cooked to your liking.
- 4Cut sweet potato in half and scrap out potato pulp; place pulp in medium size bowl.
- 5Add pancetta, mushrooms, chicken, and cheese to the potato pulp and mix well (you might have to get your hands dirty for this one).
- 6Lay one wonton wrapper on a plate, place approximately 1 tbsp of mixture into the middle of the wrapper, then dip your finger in water and run it around the outside of the wrapper and place another wrapper on the top. Push the top wrapper down around the sides so that it sticks to the bottom wrapper. Repeat until all the wrappers are used up.
- 7If you are going to freeze these for later, this is the time to freeze them! Otherwise, place raviolis on waxed paper and put in the fridge to keep cold while you make your sauce.
- 8Put on a big pot of water so it can come to a boil as you make the sauce.
- 9Melt 1 tbsp of butter in a frying pan over medium heat, add sage and saute for 1 minute. Add cherries, then stock and wine. Increase heat to a boil, then turn down to a simmer and cook for 3 minutes.
- 10Add cornstarch to cold water, mix well and stir into the sauce. Increase heat once again to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
- 11Remove from heat and stir in butter. Place lid on sauce to keep warm.
- 12Your water should be boiling by now. Drop 5-6 raviolis into pot, one at a time. Boil raviolis for 2-3 minutes until they all float to the top and remove immediately. Repeat with the remaining raviolis until they are all cooked.
- 13Serve 4 raviolis per person as a main dish or 2 per person for a side dish. Place raviolis on plate and cover with cherry sage sauce.
Browse Our Top Romantic Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Romantic Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken & Wild Mushroom Ravioli With Cherry Sage Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 438.7
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 66.5 mg
- Sodium 544.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 18.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: