Recipe by Shabby Sign Shoppe
Cook chicken breasts and soak beans night before. Cook all day while at work or play. Come home to a fantastic meal! (NOTE: prep time does not include cooking chicken and soaking beans)
- 3 boneless skinless chicken, cooked
- 1 lb great northern bean
- 1⁄2 cup taco seasoning (I make my own)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth (OR 1 cup water with 1 teaspoon chicken base)
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2-1 cup potato flakes, to thicken
- sour cream
- chopped green onion (optional)
- shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
Directions See How It's Made
- Chicken should be cooked and shredded. I just boil mine the night before, & shred in the morning. Beans should soak the night before in a pot of water. Drain beans in the morning. Place chicken and rinsed beans in crockpot.
- Add taco seasoning, cumin, chiles, condensed soup, water and chicken broth.
- Mix well with wooden spoon.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Add potato flakes before serving to thicken.
- Serve topped with sour cream, green onions, and cheddar/jack cheese.