1/1 Photo of Chicken, White Bean and Sausage Cassoulet
2 hrs 20 mins
I love white beans. I love sausage. And chicken. Why not throw them all together in a pot and eat it all up! Rice makes a nice accompaniment.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 teaspoons creole seasoning (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 lb smoked turkey sausage, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 lb white beans, soaked overnight
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1Set a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, and add the olive oil to the pan.
- 2Season the chicken with 2 teaspoons of the Creole seasoning, 1 teaspoon of the salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of the pepper.
- 3Place the chicken in the pan and sear until well browned, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- 4Turn over and sear on the second side for an additional 4 to 5 minutes.
- 5Remove the chicken pieces from the pan and set aside.
- 6Place the sausage in the pan and cook until well caramelized, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- 7Add the onions, peppers and celery to the pan and cook until soft, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- 8Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- 9Add the beans, stock, fresh thyme and bay leaf and bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
- 10Cook the beans for 1 hour.
- 11Add the chicken back to the pan, and season with the remaining Creole seasoning, salt and pepper.
- 12Continue to cook the beans until they are tender, and the chicken is cooked through, about 1 hour.
- 13Stir in the chopped parsley.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken, White Bean and Sausage Cassoulet
Serving Size: 1 (417 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.8
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 81.0 mg
- Sodium 1142.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 30.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: