Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
You can prepare Wellingtons in advance; cover and refrigerate up to several hours or overnight before baking. Substitute bottled pesto for the tapenade if you like.
- 4 -6 chicken thigh fillets
- 2 -3 tablespoons basil and parmesan tapenade
- 2 -3 sheets frozen butter puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten, to glaze
- dried basil leaves, to garnish
- steamed green & yellow vegetables, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan forced.
- line a baking tray with baking paper. Place thighs on a work surface, open out and generously spread tapenade inside each. Fold fillets back into shape.
- Cut pastry sheets in half. Place chicken at one end of the sheet fold edges in, fold pastry over chicken and roll to make a neat parcel. Pinch sides to seal.
- Place, seam-side down, on a prepared tray. Brush with egg to glaze. Sprinkle with basil.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and pastry is golden brown.
- Serve with vegetables.
We thoroughly enjoyed this dish though personally I think I would prefer a mushroom duxelle to the tapenade but it made a nice change to the usual, thank you Sonya01, made for Name that Ingredient tag game.