Recipe by Sonya01
You can prepare Wellingtons in advance; cover and refrigerate up to several hours or overnight before baking. Substitute bottled pesto for the tapenade if you like.
Top Review by I'mPat
We thoroughly enjoyed this dish though personally I think I would prefer a mushroom duxelle to the tapenade but it made a nice change to the usual, thank you Sonya01, made for Name that Ingredient tag game.
- 4 -6 chicken thigh fillets
- 2 -3 tablespoons basil and parmesan tapenade
- 2 -3 sheets frozen butter puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten, to glaze
- dried basil leaves, to garnish
- steamed green & yellow vegetables, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan forced.
- line a baking tray with baking paper. Place thighs on a work surface, open out and generously spread tapenade inside each. Fold fillets back into shape.
- Cut pastry sheets in half. Place chicken at one end of the sheet fold edges in, fold pastry over chicken and roll to make a neat parcel. Pinch sides to seal.
- Place, seam-side down, on a prepared tray. Brush with egg to glaze. Sprinkle with basil.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and pastry is golden brown.
- Serve with vegetables.