Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious; from Taste of Home.
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (15 ounce) packagesrefrigerated pie pastry
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 1⁄4 cups hot water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white wine or 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-inch thickness. In a large skillet cook chicken in oil and 1 tablespoon butter for 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine the rosemary, sage, salt, pepper and remaining butter.
- Unroll pastry sheets; cut each into a 9-inch square (discard scraps). Place a chicken breast on each square; spread chicken with butter mixture. Fold pastry over chicken. Trim off excess pastry; pinch seams to seal.
- Place on a greased baking sheet; brush with egg. Bake at 450 for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, dissolve bouillon in hot water. In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in bouillon and wine or broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken.
This is very good. I used low sodium chicken bouillon and I think I should have used regular or added some more salt. My family really enjoyed this. And it is easy to make.. thanks!