1/1 Photo of Chicken Wellington
This is an easy recipe that looks stunning when served to guests. You can skip the decorative shapes if you wish and it will still look great. I used christmas trees, snowmen, reindeer, etc...you get the picture. You could customize it for any holiday. It really makes a great presentation and tastes great, too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 (5 1/4 ounce) package boursin cheese (garlic-herb spreadable cheese)
- 1 (17 1/4 ounce) package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (2 lbs. total)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten with
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1Heat oven to 425.
- 2In bowl, stir broccoli and cheese to combine and set aside.
- 3On lightly floured surface, roll out each pastry sheet to a 14x12-inch rectangle; cut each sheet into 4 7x6-inch rectangles.
- 4Season both sides of chicken with salt, then spread 1/4 cup broccoli mixture over pastry, place chicken on top, then sprinkle with with 2 teaspoon bread crumbs.
- 5Brush egg mixture onto edges of rectangle and fold pastry over chicken; press edges to seal.
- 6Place seam-side down on ungreased shallow baking pan, and repeat with each chicken breast.
- 7With remaining pastry, using a small cookie cutter, cut out decorative shapes.
- 8Brush egg mixture over pastry packets, place decorations on top of packets and brush with additional egg mixture.
- 9Bake at 425 for 25 minutes or until pastry is golden and chicken is cooked through.
- 10TIPS: You can assemble up to one day ahead, although the pastry crust will be slightly soggy on the bottom (it will still look and taste good); I found that using slightly smaller chicken pieces allowed for easier assembly.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Wellington
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 621.2
- Calories from Fat 303
- Total Fat 33.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 103.6 mg
- Sodium 529.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 36.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: