This is an easy recipe that looks stunning when served to guests. You can skip the decorative shapes if you wish and it will still look great. I used christmas trees, snowmen, reindeer, etc...you get the picture. You could customize it for any holiday. It really makes a great presentation and tastes great, too!
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 (5 1/4 ounce) package boursin cheese (garlic-herb spreadable cheese)
- 1 (17 1/4 ounce) packagefrozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (2 lbs. total)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten with
- 1 tablespoon water
- Heat oven to 425.
- In bowl, stir broccoli and cheese to combine and set aside.
- On lightly floured surface, roll out each pastry sheet to a 14x12-inch rectangle; cut each sheet into 4 7x6-inch rectangles.
- Season both sides of chicken with salt, then spread 1/4 cup broccoli mixture over pastry, place chicken on top, then sprinkle with with 2 teaspoon bread crumbs.
- Brush egg mixture onto edges of rectangle and fold pastry over chicken; press edges to seal.
- Place seam-side down on ungreased shallow baking pan, and repeat with each chicken breast.
- With remaining pastry, using a small cookie cutter, cut out decorative shapes.
- Brush egg mixture over pastry packets, place decorations on top of packets and brush with additional egg mixture.
- Bake at 425 for 25 minutes or until pastry is golden and chicken is cooked through.
- TIPS: You can assemble up to one day ahead, although the pastry crust will be slightly soggy on the bottom (it will still look and taste good); I found that using slightly smaller chicken pieces allowed for easier assembly.