Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This is a beautiful and tasty salad. Chill time is as least 2 horus. Thanks Lunch-Bunch.
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 1⁄3 cups chopped toasted walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup chutney
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- lettuce leaf
- 8 carrot curls
- 16 slices tomatoes
- 16 slices pineapple
- 8 toasted walnut halves
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, add the first 5 ingredients; stir to combine.
- In a smaller bowl add mayonnaise, lemon juice, chutney, and salt; stir to combine well.
- Pour mayonnaise mixture over chicken mixture; toss to coat.
- Season chicken salad to taste with additional salt and pepper if desired.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Place lettuce leaves on individual salad plates.
- Place two slices each of tomato and pineapple slices on lettuce--alternate tomato, pineapple, etc.
- Spoon 3/4 cup chicken salad to the side of the fruit.
- Add a carrot curl.
- Top salad with a dollop of mayonnaise and walnut half.