Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another great recipe from my MIL, this recipe is well over 40 years old. When I asked Mom where she got it from she said "from a neighbour of her's years ago named Doris". This is an awesome recipe make ahead the day before when company comes your only an hour away from supper!
- Saute minced onion, finely chopped celery in the butter for 5 minutes.
- Add rice and saute for 5 minutes more until rice is golden brown then add water to onions, celery and rice and bring to a boil.
- Then add chicken bullion cubes simmer for about 20 minutes until most of the water has been evaporated or absorbed.
- Add seasonings, salt and pepper, chopped mushrooms, minced walnuts, and celery leaves and poultry seasonings add chicken on top of casserole.
- Bake for 1 hour @ 275 or 300 degrees.