Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
Healthy salad, this is really a meal! It's low GI, healthy and very filling.
Make and share this Chicken, Walnut & Red Bean Salad recipe from Food.com.
- ripe avocado
- 1 cup canned red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 5 ounces arugula
- 1 head red leaf lettuce, torn into pieces
- 2 ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon granular fructose
- salt and pepper
- Halve the avocado, remove the pit, and peel off the skin. Cut the avocado flesh into small dice. Combine the avocado with the beans, chicken, onion, arugula, lettuce and tomatoes in a salad bowl.
- To make the dressing, stir together the lemon juice, oil, vinegar, soy sauce, mustard, fructose and salt and pepper to taste, or shake them in a screwtop jar. Add to the salad and mix together gently. Sprinkle with walnuts before serving.