1/1 Photo of Chicken Waldorf Sandwiches (Diabetic)
From diabeticrecipes.com, this looks really good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, about 6-ounces each
- 1 (14 ounce) can fat-free chicken broth, use enough to cover the chicken
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons orange zest, grated
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 medium granny smith apple, peeled, cored, diced
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 12 slices whole wheat bread, artisan-style, sliced thin
- 6 boston lettuce leaves
- 1Place the chicken breasts in a pan and cover with broth.
- 2Bring to a simmer and cook until done, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- 3Allow to cool in the broth, then cut into small dice.
- 4In a small bowl mix together the mayonnaise, sour cream, orange zest, and juice.
- 5Add the dressing to the chicken.
- 6Stir in the apple and celery.
- 7Place a leaf of lettuce on each of 6 slices of bread.
- 8Top with chicken salad and top with a second piece of bread.
- 9Refrigerate wrapped in plastic wrap, until ready to serve.
- 10Cut each sandwich in half.
- 11Exchanges Per Serving: 3 Very Lean Protein, 2 Carbohydrate (Bread/Starch).
- 12Nutrition Facts: 286 calories (11% calories from fat), 34 g protein, 4 g total fat (0.4 g saturated fat), 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g dietary fiber, 67 mg cholesterol, 479 mg sodium.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Waldorf Sandwiches (Diabetic)
Serving Size: 1 (289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.9
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 47.6 mg
- Sodium 715.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 24.7 g