Recipe by TOOLBELT DIVA
A twist on the original waldorf salad; a light summery meal, easily prepared. Can be made with left over chicken; no special cooking required to prepare. Recipe from the Ontario Milk Marketing Board.
Top Review by Little Bee
Mmmm Mmmm Good! I love Chicken salad and so does DH! He sometimes likes to eat it by itself,(not on bread), and this was really good and had lots of texture and flavor. Pretty too! Great to serve for a light lunch! I used lots of cracked black pepper. Otherwise wouldn't change a thing! Thanks :)
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 red apples, dices
- 4 celery ribs, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup 35% real whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 fresh romaine lettuce or 1⁄2 lettuce, torn
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together chicken, apples, celery and walnuts in a bowl.
- Whisk together, dressing ingredients.
- Season to taste.
- Pour over chicken mixture in bowl; toss well.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Arrange lettuce on serving plates; top with chicken waldorf salad.