Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A twist on the original waldorf salad; a light summery meal, easily prepared. Can be made with left over chicken; no special cooking required to prepare. Recipe from the Ontario Milk Marketing Board.
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 red apples, dices
- 4 celery ribs, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup 35% real whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 fresh romaine lettuce or 1⁄2 lettuce, torn
- Mix together chicken, apples, celery and walnuts in a bowl.
- Whisk together, dressing ingredients.
- Season to taste.
- Pour over chicken mixture in bowl; toss well.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Arrange lettuce on serving plates; top with chicken waldorf salad.
Mmmm Mmmm Good! I love Chicken salad and so does DH! He sometimes likes to eat it by itself,(not on bread), and this was really good and had lots of texture and flavor. Pretty too! Great to serve for a light lunch! I used lots of cracked black pepper. Otherwise wouldn't change a thing! Thanks :)
Hi Toolie..this is a wonderful salad that is delicious, light and easy to put together, myself and DH enjoyed this for dinner tonight, with crusty rolls...wonderful tasting dressing, I just love the sweetness of the apples in it...I highly recommend this delicious salad, and I am looking forward to making this again very soon, thanks so much Toolie for a wonderful recipe...keep up the good work...KC
I love chicken waldorf sandwiches and this was a good one. Thanks for sharing. Made for What's on the Menu tag.