Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A nice variation on chicken salad - great way to use up leftover chicken or use prepared supermarket rotisserie chicken to make it real easy.
- 2 cups bite size cooked chicken pieces
- 1 small apple, diced
- 1⁄2 small onion, minced
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, apple, onions, celery, walnuts and raisins.
- In separate bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, lemon juice and salt& pepper.
- Pour dressing over chicken mixture and mix.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Loved this recipe. It makes a one dish meal!!! You have your fruit, veggies and meat all in one. Just add a nice slice of crusty bread and it is the perfect lunch for these warmer days.
This is a very tasty salad. I love the crunch from the apples and walnuts and the sweetness from the raisins. It didn't say when to add the onions and celery, but that was fine because I omited both anyway, the onion because my mom can't have it raw and the celery because I didn't have any on hand. I did add some onion powder instead and had this in a sandwich for lunch today. This was definitely a nice change from the usual chicken salad!