Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a one dish meal; the oyster mushrooms matched with black olives give it the zing that makes this dish so good. It also freezes great.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 12 ounces oyster mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄3 cup black olives, pitted & diced
- 1 cup plum tomato
- 3⁄4 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts or 1 tablespoon almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- Lightly coat chicken with the flour then place in large skillet with half the vegetable oil and saute the chicken for about 3 minutes or just until browned. Remove and set aside.
- Add the other half of the oil and saute the mushrooms on a medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until starting to soften. Add the stock, olives, plum tomatoes, grape tomatoes, garlic, capers, and chicken.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish with parsley, pine nuts and feta.
I was looking for a recipe that had Oyster Mushrooms and came across this one, I did just about everything as written except I added a little Vermouth when I sauteed the mushrooms and seasoned the flour.