Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Better Homes & Gardens Phase 1 Low-Carb Recipes Page 231 2 Net Carbs
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (or twice as many chicken tenders)
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
- thin lemon slice (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200°F.
- Place each chicken breast half between two pieces of plastic wrap.
- Using flat side of meat mallet, pound lightly to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt & pepper.
- In a large skillet cook chicken in hot oil over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink (170°F) turning once.
- Remove chicken from skillet.
- Place on a serving platter & cover with foil to keep warm in the oven.
- For sauce, in the same skillet cook mushrooms for 2 minutes; remove from heat.
- Stir in chicken broth and lemon juice.
- Return to heat.
- Bring to boiling.
- Boil gently, uncovered, for 2 minutes.
- Stir in parsley.
- Spoon over chicken.
- If desired, garnish with lemon slices.