Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Source: Kitchen Secrets
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3⁄4 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, minced
- Beat chicken to 1/2 inch thickness and sprinkle w/salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook until done.
- Remove chicken from pan and keep warm.
- Melt butter in the pan over medium-low heat.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Deglaze pan.
- Cook until broth mixture is reduced 1/2 cup - 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in lime juice.
- Serve sauce over chicken.
- Sprinkle w/cilantro.
This was such an easy and healthy recipe.I added one large white mushroom, sliced, to the cooking garlic. By the time the sauced was reduced everything was cooked to perfection. I sprinkled sliced green onions instead of cilantro over the top, DH hates cilantro! The flavors blended well. No left overs! Thanks