Recipe by Cupidforevr
Juicy chicken with light cream cheese and herbs. A nice twist to the classic roasted chicken.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I've doing much of the cooking for a neighbor couple during this month, & decided on something a bit different ~ This was it, & they loved it! I managed a taste & can vouch for it being very satisfying! I especially enjoyed the combo of lime & rosemary! The only change I made was to cut the chili flakes down to 2 tablespoons! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef]
- 1 -4 1⁄2 lb chicken
- 1 lime (juice and zest)
- 8 ounces light cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons rosemary
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons chili flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven at 400°F.
- After washing chicken, pour lemon juice and rinse.
- Finely chop garlic, rosemary and basil.
- mix 2 cloves of garlic, 2 tbs of basil, cream cheese, and 2 tbs of rosemary, lime zest, and 2 tbs of chili flakes.
- Separate skin without tearing the skin with knife and fingers so that cream cheese and herb filling can be evenly spread through breasts and legs.
- Mix olive oil, garlic clove, the rest of the rosemary and chili flakes so it can be spread on top of the skin around the whole chicken.
- Before putting chicken in oven to roast pour the lime juice over olive oil, rosemary, and garlic mix.
- Lower the oven to 375 and set chicken for 90 minute.