Recipe by SueVM
Having bought a new Wok recently (yeah another cooking gadget) I pulled out this Chinese cookbook, I love this recipe which comes from the book "The art of Wok cooking".
Top Review by SoDakCook
This turned out just okay for us. Tasted pretty good, but ended up with a funky pale gravy like consistency. Probably something I did or did not do when cooking. Thanks for the recipe, but I don't think I will make this again.
- 2 -3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 -3 tablespoons cornstarch (UK cornflour)
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 20 snow peas, ends and strings removed
- 1 cup sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup hot chicken stock
- 1 pinch salt (or to taste)
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate chicken for 15-30 minutes in mixture of the first 5 ingredients.
- Heat oil in uncovered wok until temps reach 375% degrees.
- Add chicken mixture and stir fry for 3-5 minutes.
- Add snow peas and water chestnuts stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add chicken stock and salt, stir fry until slightly thickened.
- Stir in cashews and cook for a few seconds.
- Serve immediately over noodles or rice.