Published in Bon Appetit, April 1997. From Ruby's Restaurant, Bainbridge Island, Washington. A dish of chicken with sauteed pears and rosemary sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pinch dry crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 bosc pear, quartered, cored, thinly sliced
- 1Rosemary Sauce:.
- 2Heat 2 T oil in heavy medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
- 3Add apple juice, red wine, vinegar, rosemary, thyme and crushed red pepper; bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat; simmer until mixture is reduced to 1 1/2 cups, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.
- 5Strain mixture into small saucepan; discard solids.
- 6Add cream and simmer until reduced to sauce consistency, about 12 minutes.
- 7Sauteed Pears:.
- 8Heat 2 t. oil in heavy medium skillet over medium heat.
- 9Add pear slices; saute until tender and golden brown, about 8 minutes. (Sauce and pears can be prepared 2 hours ahead. Cover separately and refrigerate. Reward pears over medium-low heat before serving.).
- 11Heat 1 T oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 12Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Add to skillet and saute until cooked through and golden brown on both sides, about 4 minutes per side.
- 13Add Marsala and bring to a boil.
- 14Stir in reserved sauce, turning chicken to coat. Cook until heated through, about 2 minutes longer.
- 15Divide chicken among 4 plates. Spoon sauce around chicken on each plate. Garnish with pear slices.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken W/ Bosc Pears & Rosemary Sauce-Ruby's, Bainbridge Is
Serving Size: 1 (464 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 529.2
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 109.2 mg
- Sodium 98.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 19.2 g
- Protein 28.5 g