Recipe by miname
My favorite food in the world, recipe is from my mum. I'm too lazy to make these in Vol-au-vont cases, instead I just serve strips of pastry on the side.
- 2 -4 tablespoons flour
- 2 -4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chicken stock, chilled
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- lemon juice
- 1 onion, sliced
- 500 g chicken, chopped
- 1 (400 g) can champignon mushrooms or 1 (400 g) can fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 2 -3 sheets puff pastry
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven and prepare pastry for cooking To Make Roux: Melt butter in small saucepan.
- Add equal amount of flour and cook til smooth and golden The more of this you make up, the thicker the sauce.
- To make Sauce: To the roux add 1 cup of COLD chicken stock and bring to boil.
- Lower heat and add egg yolk, a squirt of lemon juice, and a couple of glugs of cream.
- Leave aside while you cook the chicken.
- Put pastry into oven for cooking Fry the onions over low heat until soft, raise heat, and add chicken& mushrooms, cook til just done.
- Add sauce, heat through and serve with puff pastry.