1/4 Photos of Chicken Vol-Au-Vents With Sweet and Sour Salsa
Peter J's Note:
Classy enough for a dinner party but simple and quick enough for any occasion. Has an interesting contrast of hot versus cold and sweet & sour versus savory tastes. The salsa and vol-au-vents can be prepared in advance making it a quick one to pop in the oven as guests arrive. Please note the preparation time does not include the 30 minutes of refrigeration time for the salsa. The quantity of chicken and cheese will vary a little bit depending on the size of the cases, so fill them by eye using the directions rather than bothering to measure them out.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 24 small vol-au-vent cases
- 1/4 cup cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1Make salsa by mixing together ingredients from pineapple to vinegar together thoroughly in a bowl.
- 2Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes or more.
- 3Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C), set the baking sheet to be around the middle of the oven.
- 4Place a piece of cooked chicken in each case that fills it to about half way.
- 5Top with a little cheese, it will melt down a bit during cooking but leave some room at the top for the salsa to be added after cooking.
- 6Bake filled vol-au-vents case on a baking sheet for 10-15 minutes until cheese has melted, keeping an eye on it to make sure the vol-au-vent cases don't burn.
- 7Top each evenly with the salsa mix (about 3/4 teaspoon each) and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Vol-Au-Vents With Sweet and Sour Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (9 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 35.4
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 1.7 mg
- Sodium 24.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: