Chicken Vol-Au-Vent With Tomato Mango Relish #A1
- For Chicken: Add 4 Boneless & Skinless Chicken Thighs, 1/2 cup A.1. Original Sauce, ¼ cup Olive Oil, 1 tablespoon Agave Nectar, 1 tablespoon minced Garlic, 1 tablespoon Fresh Tarragon, 2 chopped scallions, ½ teaspoon Salt and ¼ teaspoon Pepper to a zip top bag and place in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 1 hour before you are ready to cook. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place chicken and marinade in an oven safe dish and cook 25-30 minutes, or until juices run clear. When it’s cool enough to touch, chop the chicken into ½ inch cubes and return to the dish you cooked it inches.
- For Relish: Combine all tomato mango relish ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- For Sauce: In a saucepan over medium heat, cook onion and mushrooms in butter 5 minutes, until soft. Add the flour and cook about 2 minutes until all the raw flour has cooked out and looks like wet sand. Add the Half & Half and bring to a boil. Then reduce to a simmer. Add the goat cheese and stir until it’s melted. Add the peas, carrots, chopped chicken, any remaining marinade and nutmeg.
- . For Vol-au-Vent: Place Puff Pastry on a lightly floured cutting board and cut into 6 rectangles. Then place the rectangles on a parchment lined baking sheet and cook in a 400-degree oven 15 minutes, or until pastry has puffed up and tops are lightly browned.
- To Assemble: Carefully separate the puff pastry rectangles into 2 pieces each. (You’ll notice that there will be a natural middle spot). Use your fingers to depress a well in the bottom and fill each one with about 1 soup ladle full of the chicken mixture. Top with about a tablespoon of the tomato mango relish. Replace the top and spoon just a bit of both the sauce and relish over the top. Serve hot.