Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Wanted to have a recipe that tasted just like Olive Garden's dish that I could use at home.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup sliced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup white wine (I like Bella Sera Pino Grigio)
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup roma tomato
- cooked linguine or fettuccine
- Heat oil in skillet on med-high heat.
- Lightly dredge chicken breats in flour, season with salt and pepper and brown sides in skillet and remove onto plate until later.
- Stir in onions, garlic, and butter, cook until tender; then add mushrooms and cook until golden.
- Stir in wine and bring to a simmer.
- Return chicken to the pan, and cook over med-high heat until chicken is done; add tomatoes and cook until tender.
- Serve over cooked fetticuine or liguine noodles.
This was so easy and loved by my son and husband. My son is a very picky eater and he asked me to not forget how to make this one!!! Thanks!
The one dish I so miss at olive garden! Made this a few times now, and always came out great. Didn't have the wine a few times, still tasted amazing. Thanks!
This was always my favorite dish at Olive Garden. Frankly the only dish worth eating there. I don't think it's on the menu anymore. Needless to say wen I found this I was amazed at how easy it looked and was skeptical that it would be any good especially the chicken. Well the chicken was great. Of course I butterflies the thick breasts we had on hand and probably could have pounded them out a bit for even faster cooking but I didn't. My dish came out only fair, mostly because I was doing it for the first time. Next time it will come out awesome since I know what I did wrong hence the five stars.