Recipe by Ranikabani
You can make this recipe with any meat. However, if you choose pork, I would suggest adding a few tbsp of vinegar to the sauce when cooking. You can also add veg such as beans or quartered potatoes. Enjoy.
- 1 whole chicken, skinned, washed and cut up
- 2 onions
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 cinnamon sticks (2 inches each)
- 6 cloves
- 4 cardamoms
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1⁄3 teaspoon turmeric
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ginger-garlic paste (see my recipe for this)
- salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped green coriander (cilantro)
- 1 tablespoon pataks vindaloo curry paste
- 2 tablespoons oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil.
- Fry onions, ginger-garlic paste, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon until onions are golden brown on medium heat.
- In a small bowl, put the cayenne pepper, turmeric, cumin, all spice, and make a watery paste with some water.
- Add it to the onions.
- Fry for about 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and when tomatoes, onions and spices make a sauce, add vindaloo paste.
- Cook for about 2 minutes and add chicken and a cup of water.
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally until done.
- When it's almost done, add green coriander.
- Cook until done.