You can make this recipe with any meat. However, if you choose pork, I would suggest adding a few tbsp of vinegar to the sauce when cooking. You can also add veg such as beans or quartered potatoes. Enjoy.
My Private Note
pot of ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 whole chicken, skinned, washed and cut up
- 2 onions
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 cinnamon sticks (2 inches each)
- 6 cloves
- 4 cardamoms
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1/3 teaspoon turmeric
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ginger-garlic paste (see my recipe for this)
- salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped green coriander (cilantro)
- 1 tablespoon pataks vindaloo curry paste
- 2 tablespoons oil (for frying)
- 1Heat oil.
- 2Fry onions, ginger-garlic paste, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon until onions are golden brown on medium heat.
- 3In a small bowl, put the cayenne pepper, turmeric, cumin, all spice, and make a watery paste with some water.
- 4Add it to the onions.
- 5Fry for about 3 minutes.
- 6Add tomatoes and when tomatoes, onions and spices make a sauce, add vindaloo paste.
- 7Cook for about 2 minutes and add chicken and a cup of water.
- 8Cover and cook, stirring occasionally until done.
- 9When it's almost done, add green coriander.
- 10Cook until done.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Vindaloo
Serving Size: 1 (1839 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3280.2
- Calories from Fat 2164
- Total Fat 240.4 g
- Saturated Fat 64.8 g
- Cholesterol 975.2 mg
- Sodium 932.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 16.1 g
- Protein 233.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vindaloo curry paste