Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I haven't got around to trying this one yet, but it look so good I thought I would share it. Also from Company's Coming.
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 3 lbs skinless chicken
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 medium carrots, sliced into 1/4 inch coins
- 4 medium red potatoes, cut into eighths
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
- 1⁄16 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 small green peppers or 1 small red pepper, diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Heat cooking oil in large frying pan.
- Add chicken and brown well.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and transfer chicken to a plate.
- Add onion and garlic to the frying pan, and saute until soft.
- Add Carrots, potatoes, water, parsley, basil, bouillon, and thyme.
- Add chicken, cover and simmer for 25 minutes, stiring a couple of times.
- Add more water if needed.
- Add green pepper and green onion.
- Cover and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Add vinegar, stir and heat through.