Recipe by laursy
This quick and easy chicken dish is full of flavour and a great time saver. I get it all ready to go and then just walk away and leave it to simmer. Sometimes I serve it on a bed of steamed white rice.
- 6 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 4 small cooking onions
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked and broken up
- 14 ounces tomatoes
- 10 ounces mushroom pieces
- 1 pinch salt & pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bay leaf powder
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Heat oil in electric frying pan. Lay in chicken and brown both sides. With skin side up, sprinkle chopped onions, bacon pieces, broken up tomatoes, mushrooms and spices.
- 2. Cover frying pan and cook about 30 minutes at 300 degrees.
- 3. Remove chicken from pan and place on platter. Sieve out pieces of vegetables.
- 4. Add a little corn starch to thicken sauce slightly and pour over chicken. Garnish with fresh parsley.