Recipe by Mirj
A yummy and simple dish that is still impressive. You can use as many garlic cloves as you like, less if you have a problem with garlic, more if you are allergic to vampires.
Top Review by canarygirl
This was so easy to throw together! I made it with boneless, skinless breasts (personal preference), and did it all on the stove, covering for the majority of the cook time. I also reduced the margarine to 2 tablespoons. It was a hit with all of us! Thanks for a great recipe Mirjam! I will make it again for sure.
- 1 (3 lb) chicken, cut into quarters
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 baking potatoes
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 ounces white wine
- 1 cup beef stock or 1 cup chicken stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash chicken pieces and pat them dry with paper toweling.
- Heat oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken pieces and brown completely, about 20 minutes.
- Peel and cut each potato into 6 long wedges.
- Add them to the pan and cook until brown and tender, about 15 minutes.
- Spread garlic over chicken and potatoes, cooking until golden.
- Drain oil.
- Add margarine to the skillet and stir until incorporated into the remaining juices from the chicken.
- Sprinkle the oregano, parsley and pepper over chicken.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add the wine and stock to the skillet.
- Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is tender and cooked through.