Recipe by Caryn Gale
Really rich and tasty. One dish meal.
Top Review by Mirj
I made this as part of the Pick-Your-Chef cookathon. This really can be a whole meal, you just need a small salad and you've got dinner. Since there were only 4 of us for dinner I only used one chicken, but kept the original amounts of sauce ingredients. I also practically doubled the potatoes. Since there were children at the meal I used 2 cups of onion soup broth instead of the wine and water. One warning: make sure that the chicken is dry before you start browning it. I had just washed the chicken and put it straight into the hot oil. BIG MISTAKE!!! It splattered all over the kitchen. Next time I make this I'm going to triple the potatoes, they really were the best part, they took on the entire flavor of the dish.
- 2 cut-up and skinned chicken
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 8 -10 pre boiled potatoes, cut in wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute chicken in garlic and oil.
- Remove to large roaster.
- Saute potatoes in same oil.
- Place on top and around chicken.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients in the skillet.
- Pour over chicken and potatoes.
- Cover and bake at 400 for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 30 minutes more.