Recipe by Jane Gib
A special chicken dish I found in All recipes, (submitted by Chris c.) with sun-dried tomatoes, pancetta and Brie cheese in a sherry cream sauce. Serve over angel-hair pasta or basmati rice."
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 kg boneless skinless chicken breast half, cut into strips
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, for dusting
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 3 slices pancetta bacon, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons brie cheese, rind removed, room temperature
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Dredge the chicken in flour, shaking off any excess. Fry chicken in the hot oil until brown on all sides. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the garlic, shallot, sun-dried tomatoes and pancetta to the skillet and reduce the heat to medium. Cook and stir for a few minutes, until garlic is fragrant and pancetta is cooked. Stir in the sherry, loosening any bits stuck to the bottom of the pan. Simmer until reduced by half. Stir in the chicken stock and cook until reduced by half again.
- Whisk together the egg yolks and heavy cream; mix into the skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Return the chicken to the skillet and cook for a few minutes, until chicken is coated and sauce is thick. Stir in the Brie cheese until smooth. Remove from the heat and sprinkle with parsley. Serve over rice or angel hair pasta.