Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This dish is also delicious if you substitute ginger marmalade for the orange marmalade.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 can mandarin oranges in juice, drained
- 1 cup green seedless grape
- Sprinkle breasts with salt and pepper on both sides and saute in the butter in a large skillet that has a lid.
- Brown on both sides, about 10 minutes total.
- In a small bowl, combine marmalade, lemon juice, cornstarch and mustard.
- Fold in drained oranges and grapes.
- Pour sauce over chicken and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Serve with rice.
I only used 4 chicken breast halves. The sauce was good. Easy to make. We liked this.
My husband and I really liked this recipe. I wasn't crazy about the grapes in it. I think next time I will replace the grapes with pineapple. I served it with lemon herb rice, added some frozen mixed veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots) to the chicken mixture while simmering and it turned out wonderful.