Recipe by bluemoon downunder
A quick and easy, low fat, low calorie chicken dish: chicken sautéed with garlic and mushrooms and served in a classic French wine sauce. Adapted from Rodale's "Terrific Chicken: 100 Great Meals in Minutes".
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
very good, I love the addition of grapes to this dish, I also added in some crushed chili flakes and increased the garlic amount to 6 large cloves, I sliced the mushrooms in place of chopping and reduced the sugar amount slightly, thanks for sharing bluemoon, we enjoyed this Veronique!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 2 tablespoons olive oil, if the pan is not non-stick
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 150 g mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups seedless grapes
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large pan (preferably non-stick) over a medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken breast halves and sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Turn the chicken breast halves over, add the garlic and mushrooms and sauté for another 3 minutes, or until the garlic and mushrooms soften and the chicken is golden brown.
- Remove the chicken breast halves, garlic and mushrooms from the pan, keep warm, and pour off the excess oil.
- Add the sugar and half of the wine to the pan, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Add the remaining wine and simmer until the wine is reduced by half.
- Mix the stock and cornstarch in a small bowl, whisk into the wine mixture and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the sauce.
- Add the grapes and simmer for a further 2 minutes, or until the juices run clear.
- Serve over rice or noodles with your favourite side dish.